The Southern Southeastern Annual Meeting is just a few weeks away. We’re really excited about this year’s meeting at the Marriott Myrtle Beach – Grand Dunes. Everything is looking good (fingers crossed) for having a great in-person event this year.
Room Block is closing THIS SATURDAY DECEMBER 24. Please make your hotel arrangements and registration SOON!!!.
Go to http://www.southern-southeastern.org/meetings/meetings/annualmeeting.html for meeting registration and Hotel Information.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE IN MYRTLE BEACH!!!!!
AGENDA AT A GLANCE
Wednesday, January 18, 2023 (afternoon)
Farm Policy Committee
- 2023 Farm Bill – Robbie Minnich and Tas Smith – National Cotton Council
- Process for Gathering Production Data – Anthony Prillaman, USDA – NASS
- Margin Protection Coverage – Jay Yates and Kyle Core – Watts and Associates
thursday, january 19, 2023
State Grower Meetings
Ginners Safety and Insurance Committee Meeting
Updates on OSHA activities around the cotton belt and accidents in the Southeast.
Ginners Board of Directors Meeting
- Issues Update – Dusty Findley
- Working with Farm Labor Contractors – Josh Viau, Fisher and Phillips
Growers Board of Directors Meeting
- ACP Update – Tas Smith, NCC
- Crop Science Update – Jennifer Crumpler, Bayer Crop Science
Friday, January 20, 2023
State Ginners Meetings
- Cotton Situation and Outlook – Dr. Jon Devine, Cotton Inc.
- US Trust Protocol – Panel Discussion
Tillman White – NCC
Scott Wagner – Levi Strauss
Kurt Smithwick – Target
- National Cotton Ginners Update
- Southeastern Cotton Ginner of the Year
- Southern Cotton Growers Planting Seed Task Force – Panel Discussion with State Departments of Ag and Land Grant University Specialists
- Cotton Seed Outlook – James Patterson, APEX
- Gin Lab Update – Joe Thomas, USDA – ARS
- Handling Seed House Fires (a ginner perspective) – Rich Lindsey, Cherokee Gin
- Bale Cotton Logistics – Neil Woods, Olam
Southeast Boll Weevil Eradication Foundation Meeting
Revere Raffle ($10,000 top prize)
Saturday, January 21, 2023
General Session and Annual Meetings
- Cotton Inc Update – Berrye Worsham, Cotton Inc.
- NCC Update – Robbie Minnich, NCC
- Ag Law Update – Harrison Pittman – National Agriculture Law Center
Drive Home Safely